Dallas Construction Crane Accident Attorneys
Crane collapses and other construction accidents involving cranes can be devastating for workers on a construction project as well as for pedestrians and bystanders. When crane accidents occur due to negligence, board certified personal injury attorney Aaron A. Herbert and the team of experienced Dallas construction crane accident attorneys at our firm will step in to hold negligent workers, contractors and property owners responsible and obtain compensation for injured workers and their families.
Improper Construction Crane Use Causes Serious Accidents On Dallas Construction Site
Nearly twenty-five percent of construction fatalities are attributable to crane accidents. Advances in technology in the last twenty years has made construction cranes capable of moving faster, extending farther and carrying greater loads, so concerns regarding construction crane safety are more serious than ever before. All workers at a construction site and others in the vicinity are at risk of serious injury or death
while a crane is in operation, particularly if a load becomes unbalanced while it is being lifted, or in the event of a crane collapse.
Causes Of Construction Crane Accidents
Crane accidents occur when careful attention is not paid by the crane operator, other workers on the site, or those in charge of planning and executing the operation in question. Crane accidents are often attributed to the following circumstances:
- Crane is not set up properly
- Planning and coordination of the construction operation is inadequate for safety
- The crane is operated outside the safety parameters set out by the manufacturer
- Improper maintenance, modification or negligent repair Improper maintenance, modification or negligent repair
- The area surrounding the crane operation is congested
- Clearances are insufficient to complete the lift
- Pinch points are left unguarded
- Outriggers are improperly extended
- The crane selected for the job is inadequate considering conditions at the jobsite
- The crane selected is inadequate for the load requirements of the jobsite
- Power lines, fixed objects and other overhead hazards are not properly considered
- Crane operator, site supervisor or superintendent is inexperienced or unknowledgeable about safe crane operation
Common Construction Crane Accident Injuries
There are both physical and psychological scars after a construction crane accident. Some of the most common injuries associated with construction crane accident injuries are as follows:
Dallas Construction Attorney Board Certified In Personal Injury Trial Law
Texas board certified personal injury attorney Aaron A. Herbert and our team of highly accomplished and experienced Dallas Construction Crane Accident Attorneys have extensive experience and a proven record of results in cases involving life-changing personal injury. We can sit down with you and discuss your options for seeking maximum compensation for the harm you or your loved one has suffered due to an the negligent operation of a construction crane or other construction accidents. Call us now for a no-cost consultation. We will fight to protect your rights, and we give you the personal attention your construction accident case deserves. Time to file is limited, so contact us now.