Suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can come with many physical, cognitive and emotional repercussions. As a TBI patient, you may face long-lasting changes in your mental capabilities, motor skills, moods, and behaviors. If your loved one has a serious TBI, you may take on the role of caregiver. If you or someone you love has a traumatic brain injury from an accident in Denton, Texas, you may be eligible for compensation. Discuss a potential claim with the attorneys at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. Call (214) 200-4878 to schedule a free TBI case evaluation.
Why Clients Choose Our Law Firm
- We work hard to determine the cause of a client’s brain injury, the identity of the defendant and the true value of the case.
- We do not stop at insurance settlement negotiations. If an insurance company refuses to treat your TBI claim fairly, we can take your case to court.
- We have the experience and tools you need. Years in personal injury law have given us everything we need to build strong TBI cases in Denton.
- We represent clients in Texas on a contingency fee basis. If you hire us as your brain injury lawyers, you will not pay anything if we do not win.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney
A TBI is often a catastrophic injury. Brain injuries deserve attention and legal representation. Handling your case alone could lead to accepting a settlement form an insurance company that is much too low to make up for your past and foreseeable future losses. Hiring a lawyer, on the other hand, can ensure you do not say yes to anything but fair and full compensation – even if that means presenting your case before a judge and jury. Your lawyer can do everything on your behalf to work toward a positive outcome while you focus on mental, emotional and physical healing.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury could lead to a personal injury lawsuit in Tarrant County if it has all the elements of a claim: duty, breach, causation and damages. Common accidents that result in TBI lawsuits are car accidents, falls, acts of violence, sports incidents, workplace accidents and medical malpractice. At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C, we can help clients with all types of TBIs.
- Concussion. A common type of TBI that can result in symptoms such as dizziness, headache, memory loss, confusion and nausea. Most concussions go away on their own with rest.
- Coup-contrecoup injury. The brain has injuries on two sides: the side where the impact occurred and the opposite side, where the brain bounced and struck the inside of the skull.
- Hematoma. The medical term for bleeding in the brain, or a bruise. You could have an epidural, subdural or intracerebral hematoma depending on the location of the ruptured blood vessel or blood clot.
- Penetrating injury. An open head injury involves the compromise of the skull as well as a brain injury. A skull fracture could send bone fragments into the brain, for example.
- Diffuse axonal injury. This type of brain injury occurs when gravitational forces whip the head back and forth fast enough to cause the connections in the brain to twist and tear.
All traumatic brain injuries are serious. They all deserve attention from medical professionals and neurological specialists. After any accident that involves a blow to the head or symptoms of a brain injury, go to a hospital in Denton for a checkup. Prompt medical care could improve your prognosis for recovery.
Contact a Denton Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Whether you received a concussion diagnosis or a loved one has permanent brain damage, please contact us for a free injury consultation. Someone else may owe you compensation. Our Denton brain injury lawyers can help you work through the details of your specific case in the pursuit of financial recovery. Call (214) 200-4878 today to speak to an attorney at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C.