Many personal injury claims begin with normal daily activities – the evening commute home, a walk in the park, or another day on the job. The only difference between that day and any other is someone’s careless, reckless, or malicious behavior. Injurious incidents happen in the blink of an eye, turning normal activities into destructive, life-changing events. In the aftermath of these incidents, victims and their families often struggle financially, physically, and emotionally.
At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we represent those who experience loss in preventable incidents throughout the Fort Worth area. Whether a distracted driver T-boned your daughter’s vehicle on the way home from school or you fell from an unsafe platform at work, we can help. In taking civil action against the person or people responsible, you can achieve justice and secure the financial compensation you need to move forward. Our firm understands the devastating nature of serious injuries and losses. We will serve as your compassionate counselor and relentless legal advocate while you focus on getting well.
As your legal representatives, Aaron A. Herbert and his team will help you find qualified medical support, navigate the state insurance system, and protect your right to a full financial recovery. Contact us anytime at (214) 200-4878 for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Texas
Personal injury claims arise from preventable injurious or deadly incidents. When individuals fail to use a certain standard of care during daily activities and their actions proximately cause injury or death, those people are legally responsible for the outcome. In Texas, the majority of claims fall under a modified comparative negligence rule. The rule affects how courts assign fault and damages in a case. An injured individual can only recover compensation for the other party’s percentage of fault.
If the injured individual (plaintiff) contributed to the incident, the court may reduce the total damages based on that percentage of fault. The courts will not award damages to anyone responsible for more than 50% of the incident.
An attorney plays a crucial role in cases settled both inside and outside a courtroom. Insurance investigators and defendants will look for reasons to assign fault to the plaintiff and lower his or her payout. Injury attorneys protect their clients from unfair fault claims, improper investigations, and common defense arguments. Great attorneys build airtight cases to give their clients the best chance for a fair recovery.
With help from the right Fort Worth personal injury attorney, you can protect your right to compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost quality of life, pain and suffering, lost wages, future income, and more. At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we have a track record of success that spans thousands of personal injury matters. Our team has the resources and the legal background to pursue a case all the way to trial if necessary. We will never compromise when it comes to our clients’ futures. You deserve the best possible outcome after suffering a serious injury.
Choosing a Personal Injury Firm
If you need a personal injury attorney in the Fort Worth area, you will likely come across a number of listings. While many of these attorneys offer the right credentials, they may not offer the same quality of work. The right attorney offers more than a free consultation and contingency fee arrangement. He or she will work tirelessly to help you achieve justice.
Our founding attorney, Aaron A. Herbert, is a native of the Dallas–Fort Worth area. He plays an active role in the community and has dedicated his career to helping individuals from all backgrounds obtain the legal support they need to move forward after an accident. As a board certified personal injury trial lawyer in Texas, he understands the ins and outs of personal injury laws in the state. Since 2010, he has built a legal team that shares his passion for personalized support and positive client outcomes.
When you choose to work with our firm, you will have direct access to the lead attorney on your case. We will walk you through each stage of the process and help you make informed decisions about your future. With our help, you can hold the responsible party accountable and achieve a recovery that goes beyond financial security. Our work helps those injured due to someone else’s negligence find hope, overcome injuries, and get back to their lives.
Explore Our Areas of Practice
At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we handle claims involving all types of accidents and injuries. Some of the most common types of claims we take on include:
- Car accidents. In 2016, Texas recorded 14,202 crashes that injured 17,582 people. Our firm handles all motor vehicle accidents including those involving fatalities, DWI, uninsured motorists, pedestrians, distracted drivers, ride share companies, motorcycles, buses, bicycles, and semi-trucks. If you suffered an injury on the roadways or in a parking lot in Texas, we can represent you. Our team understands the nuances of Texas traffic laws, the insurance industry, and the laws that govern injury claims.
- Dog bites. Texas dog bite laws are complex. If a dog attacked you, the circumstances of the bite will largely determine the legal remedies available to you. Our team can guide you through the state’s one-bite rule, homeowner’s insurance coverage, and formal negligence claims.
- Wrongful death. When someone dies as the result of a preventable incident, we help surviving family members obtain compensation for the loss of a loved one. Our firm offers complete wrongful death support for cases involving car accidents, workplace incidents, assault, and more.
- Construction accidents. Construction is a high-risk industry for anyone involved. We represent workers and visitors who suffer injuries or die as the result of a preventable construction incident. Our attorneys help individuals with insurance claims, third-party claims, and other legal matters.
- Workplace accidents. After a workplace accident, employees may or may not have access to workers’ compensation benefits. We handle cases involving workers’ compensation claims as well as those involving formal lawsuits against employers who do not offer insurance benefits.
- Slip and fall accidents. When you slip and fall on someone else’s property, the property owner may bear responsibility for the incident. Our attorneys handle premises liability cases involving injurious falls on commercial, public, and private properties.
- Cases involving catastrophic injuries. In some cases, an injured person will make a full recovery over time. In others, our clients must resign themselves to the permanent consequences of a preventable incident. We specialize in cases involving serious injuries such as burns and those involving the brain and spinal cord.
If you experience an accident, give our team a call. During a free consultation, we can help you understand our range of practice areas, resources, and capabilities. When we take on a claim, we put the full force of our firm behind it. You deserve a firm that is accessible, professional, and passionate. We look forward to the opportunity to put our decades of experience to work for you.
Recovery in a Personal Injury Claim
One of the first questions our prospective clients ask involves the worth of a claim. Every case is different, and only an experienced attorney can help you understand the possibility of compensation. The type of incident, severity of injury, time frame for recovery, and the behaviors of the defendant largely influence the amount of compensation available in any claim.
If you choose to pursue a personal injury claim in Texas, you may have access to both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are compensatory. They help you recoup actual financial losses from an incident and may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses. You may recover damages for all existing and future expenses associated with the injury including ambulance rides, transportation to medical facilities, hospital stays, specialist visits, surgery, rehabilitation, and at-home care.
- Lost wages, benefits, and future income. Many preventable injuries force individuals to spend precious time away from the office. A personal injury claim can provide support for temporary or permanent job changes associated with the injury.
- Other economic losses. Serious injuries may prevent an individual from maintenance and property upkeep activities. A claim may provide support for new household expenses and a spouse’s lost wages.
In addition to compensation for financial loss, the court may award noneconomic damages including:
- Pain and suffering. The state recognizes the physical and emotional pain an accident victim can experience.
- Permanent physical changes. A claim may provide financial compensation for those who experience disfigurement or physical impairment.
- Emotional and social losses. A plaintiff may receive damages for the lost ability to maintain relationships or enjoy life in the same way.
- Punitive or exemplary damages. In cases involving egregious negligent or malicious behaviors, the court may force the defendant to pay a sum above and beyond existing damages as a form of punishment.
Determining the value of a fair recovery plays a crucial role in personal injury claims. At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we use the evidence from our extensive investigations, standard noneconomic damage calculation methods, and our clients’ daily experiences to determine a fair claim value. As a firm that specializes in trial law, we are not afraid to reject an unfair settlement offer and pursue a jury trial to secure the compensation you deserve.
Your Fort Worth Personal Injury Firm
Anyone going through such an experience should reach out for a free case evaluation as soon as possible. After an accident, evidence and memories fade. A quick response time will allow us to immediately protect your right to a full recovery. Our team is available 24/7.
If you decide to move forward with our representation, you will not see a bill from us during the case. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only accept payment after we successfully secure compensation on your behalf. Our team serving the Fort Worth area offers services in both English and Spanish. When you need a Dallas personal injury attorney you can trust, come to The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert.
When careless people cause preventable injuries, you have a right to compensation. Reach out to our Fort Worth office today to get started.