As a bicyclist, you face significant risks from vehicle drivers and other hazards, such as a defective roadway. One wrong move on the part of a motor vehicle driver could cause a catastrophic accident that severely injures you. In 2018, 72 cyclists
in Texas lost their lives in traffic accidents.
At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C, we are passionate about protecting Irving’s bicyclists. If you were in a bike accident anywhere in Dallas County, contact us
. A free consultation at our local law office could reveal your right to file a claim against a driver or another party for your damages. Call (214) 200-4878 today.
Why Choose Our Bike Accident Lawyers?
- We have the highest possible AVVO rating and more than 50 jury verdicts.
- We give all personal injury cases in Irving personal attention.
- We can protect your legal rights as a bicyclist and accident victim.
- We have years of experience in personal injury and bike accident law.
- We represent Irving bicycle accident victims on a contingency fee basis.
What Can a Lawyer Do for You?
Do not make the mistake of trusting insurance companies in the aftermath of a bicycle accident. Insurers often have biases against bicyclists and may try to use defenses such as comparative fault to reduce your settlement award or deny your claim entirely. The at-fault party’s insurance company may not want what is best for you. Hiring a lawyer can protect you from insurance bad faith tactics and ensure you do not accept a lowball settlement. Your lawyer can take care of all the difficult parts of the claims process while you concentrate on your medical recovery.
Who Caused Your Bike Accident?
Texas uses a fault-based (tort-based) insurance system. After any motor vehicle accident
, including a bike accident, you will need to seek damage recovery from the at-fault party. You or your lawyer will have to prove the party’s fault to obtain compensation. A thorough investigation of your crash could reveal the identity of one or more parties behind your bicycle accident or injuries.
- A driver. Reckless and negligent drivers can cause serious bike accidents by speeding, driving distracted, driving drunk, breaking traffic laws, ignoring rights-of-way and driving too aggressively. All drivers in Texas must carry auto insurance to cover victims’ losses after at-fault collisions.
- The city. The City of Irving might be responsible for your bicycle accident if a defective or poorly maintained road caused your accident. If the city knew about a pothole, for instance, but failed to remedy it, it could be liable if you crash your bike into the pothole.
- A bicycle manufacturer. If a defective bicycle, such as one with bad brakes or missing parts, caused your accident or contributed to your injuries, the manufacturer could owe you compensation. In most product liability suits, you do not need to prove the defendant’s negligence to recover damages.
Upon identifying the defendant responsible for your bike accident, you or your lawyer will need to bring a claim by the state’s deadline. You have two years maximum to file a personal injury suit
in Texas. This deadline could be significantly shorter, however, if the defendant is a government entity, such as the city in charge of roadway maintenance. Hire an attorney to take care of all legal processes for you while you focus on putting your life back together.
Contact an Irving Bike Accident Lawyer Today
A bicycle accident could cause injuries to your head, brain, back, neck, spinal cord, lower limbs, arms, muscles, skin and other parts of your body. At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C, we know how to fight for fair compensation for injuries. No matter who you believe caused your bike accident or what types of injuries you have, please contact us
for a free consultation. Call (214) 200-4878 any time, day or night, to speak to our attorneys.