After a car accident involving a commercial truck, it is vital to protect your rights as a victim by hiring an Irving truck accident attorney. The trucking company may try to dispute liability or get out of paying you fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Hiring a lawyer from the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. can help you protect your rights during a financial recovery claim, especially if you have severe or catastrophic injuries. Start your claim with a free consultation at our local law firm. Call 24/7: (214) 200-4878.
What Makes Us the Right Choice?
- We bring power to settlement negotiations. Our attorneys have been to court and won many times. Our trial experience could motivate a defendant or insurance company to treat your case fairly.
- We recognize you as a person, not a case number. We are not a mill-type personal injury law firm that passes cases off to paralegals. Your attorney will provide personalized care and one-on-one attention throughout your entire claim.
- We take cases on a contingency fee basis. Our Irving truck accident attorneys do not charge anything for the services they provide unless they win. You will not pay your lawyer unless you obtain financial compensation.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney
Truck accident cases are not always easy to navigate for claimants. They usually involve legal red tape and corporations refuting liability. Hiring a lawyer to represent you during insurance claim negotiations or a truck accident lawsuit in Dallas County could make for an easier legal process. Your lawyer will take care of paperwork and complicated legal issues while you focus on recuperating. Hiring a lawyer could also mean achieving better compensation for your physical, emotional and financial losses.
What Causes Texas Truck Accidents?
In 2018, Dallas County reported 3,753 traffic accidents involving commercial vehicles, including large trucks. Over 100 of these accidents caused serious injuries and 29 were fatal. Truck accidents are usually avoidable with due care by the trucking company, its employees and its drivers. Unfortunately, not everyone in the trucking industry takes their duties of care seriously.
- Distracted truck driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Breaking federal trucking laws
- Breaking traffic rules
- Speeding in a big rig
- Using improper braking techniques
- Poorly loading or securing cargo
- Following too closely/tailgating
- Making unsafe merges
- Failing to properly hire or train drivers
- Failing to take care of fleet trucks
If a truck driver caused your accident, the company will most likely be vicariously liable for your damages. Truck companies are responsible for the actions of their drivers, even if they are independent contractors. The truck company will also be responsible for its own actions and deficiencies, including poorly maintained and dangerous trucks. Forcing a company to pay a fair amount for your damages, however, can prove difficult.
Fight for Fair Compensation
A trucking company will not be on your side after an accident involving one of its trucks or drivers. Instead, the company and its insurance provider may try to downplay your injuries to get out of paying a fair amount. The best way to protect your rights and interests during the claims process is by hiring an attorney. A lawyer can help you fight for compensation for your past and future pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, property repairs, and more.
Contact an Irving Truck Accident Attorney
The lawyer you hire to represent you after a truck accident in Irving can make all the difference to the outcome of your case. The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. has helped thousands of clients recover after serious auto accidents throughout Texas. Find out if we may be able to help you, too. Call (214) 200-4878 for a free consultation with our truck accident lawyers, or request your meeting online.