Driving under the influence (DUI) is against the law in all 50 states. In Texas, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration level of 0.08% or higher. Every year, thousands of drivers break Texas’ DUI laws and drive drunk. In 2018, drunk drivers caused 940 deaths in Texas alone, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. DUI accidents often cause catastrophic and fatal injuries to victims.
If you or a loved one was in a drunk driving accident in McKinney, Texas, enlist the help of a personal injury attorney from the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. to hold the at-fault party or parties accountable. Civil liability laws could make you eligible for financial compensation. Call our DUI accident lawyers at (214) 200-4878 to learn more about your case during a free consultation.
What Makes Us Unique?
- Our lead attorney is one of under 2% of personal injury lawyers in Texas Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
- Our lawyers focus on more than just financial compensation for their clients. We offer support for clients physically and emotionally as well.
- Our attorneys do not give up until they believe they have procured the best possible results for a client, even if that means going to trial.
- Our DUI accident lawyers help clients in McKinney on a contingency fee basis, with no attorney’s fees for lost cases.
Why Retain a DUI Accident Lawyer?
Drunk driving accidents commonly result in life-changing injuries such as compound bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, disabilities, brain injuries, burns, lacerations and neck injuries. If you or a loved one has serious injuries from a DUI accident, the best way to demand fair and full compensation is by hiring an attorney. Without legal representation, an insurance company may undervalue the true worth of your claim. Hiring a lawyer prevents this from happening and gives you more power during settlement negotiations.
DUI Accidents and Dram Shop Laws
Many drunk driving accident survivors do not realize they may be able to hold more than just the intoxicated driver legally responsible for their damages. In Texas, the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Code makes it possible to also hold a dram shop liable for a DUI accident in certain situations. This could result in better compensation for serious injuries and damages.
- The drunk driver purchased or received alcohol while intoxicated to the point of clearly presenting a danger to him/herself or others.
- The customer was under the age of 18 and the adult was not the person’s spouse, guardian or parent.
- The dram shop (seller or furnisher of alcohol) or one of its employees sold or gave the person alcohol despite obvious or visible intoxication.
- The intoxicated individual proceeded to cause a drunk driving car accident or another type of accident, and the alcohol was the proximate cause of damages suffered.
Many dram shop cases come down to whether or not the customer was obviously intoxicated when the bartender, server, shop or social host furnished the alcohol. Obvious intoxication refers to a level of drunkenness a reasonable and prudent alcohol vendor would have noticed under the same circumstances. If the dram shop law applies to your DUI accident claim in McKinney, you could receive financial compensation from the insurance companies of both the shop and the drunk driver.
Learn More During a Free DUI Accident Case Review
At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C, we believe in holding drunk drivers accountable for their poor judgment and reckless behaviors. Our attorneys may be able to help you demand maximum compensation from a drunk driver and/or dram shop if you have serious injuries from a DUI accident in McKinney, Texas. Start your drunk driving accident case with a free consultation at our local law office. Request a callback online and we will respond promptly, or reach an attorney directly at (214) 200-4878.