Fatal accidents take thousands of lives in Texas each year. Many of those who lose their lives in tragic accidents are the victims of preventable negligence, such as drunk driving
or defective products. At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C, we are passionate about helping family members after alleged wrongful deaths in McKinney and throughout Collin County and Texas. Find out if we can help you during a free fatal accident case evaluation. Contact us today
Why Choose Our Fatal Accident Lawyers?
- We provide personal care and attention to clients, catering to their every need throughout the fatal accident claim process.
- We have used the highest quality client representation to successfully resolve hundreds of cases for past clients, including many wrongful death claims.
- We have a Board Certified Trial Lawyer who can take your wrongful death case to court in Tarrant County, if necessary.
- We make legal services affordable, accepting fatal accident cases on a contingency fee basis in McKinney.
When to Contact an Attorney
Contact an attorney immediately upon recognizing something suspicious or not right about your loved one’s death. If you suspect someone else of negligently, carelessly, wantonly or maliciously causing the fatal accident that took a family member’s life, discuss your situation with a wrongful death lawyer in McKinney. Taking prompt legal action could ensure you do not miss Texas’ two-year deadline to file. Hiring an attorney can make it easier for you and your family to receive fair compensation for a fatal accident.
Did You Lose a Loved One in McKinney?
First, we would like to give our sincere condolences over the loss of your loved one. Losing someone is never easy, especially under traumatic or unexpected circumstances. Then, we would like to extend our legal services to help you and your family cope and find closure during this difficult time. Our Texas wrongful death lawyers can assist you in bringing a civil claim against the party that caused or contributed to your loved one’s passing. We can help you navigate the state’s wrongful death laws in the pursuit of justice.
- Definition of wrongful death. Wrongful death is a fatal injury the default, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness or wrongful act of one person causes another.
- Statute of limitations. You generally have two years from the date your loved one died to bring a claim, with some exceptions.
- Filing party restrictions. A surviving spouse, child or parent has the sole right to file for the first three months after the death. After that, an executor or personal representative of the estate may file.
- Damages available. Bringing a wrongful death lawsuit could result in payment for losses such as lost earnings, lost inheritance, loss of consortium, emotional pain, bereavement, exemplary damages, and funeral and burial costs.
The lawyers at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. can help you navigate all these wrongful death laws and more during your McKinney fatal accident claim. We can also take care of negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf. Whether the defendant in your case is a doctor, driver, employer, product manufacturer, property owner, criminal or another party, we can present a strong claim to damages.
Contact Us Today
Fatal accidents can take many shapes and forms. Our attorneys have helped clients through cases involving deadly auto accidents, dog attacks, falls, workplace accidents, construction accidents and more. No matter the specific circumstances surrounding your loved one’s specific death, please contact us
for a free consultation. Your family could be eligible for financial recovery from one or multiple parties. While we know a financial award will not solve everything, it could give your family better peace of mind by paying for expenses. Trusting your fatal accident case in the hands of our McKinney personal injury lawyers
can let you focus on healing instead. Call (214) 200-4878 now to talk to an attorney near you.