Car accidents are some of the most common causes of personal injuries and deaths in the state of Texas. In 2018, a reportable car accident occurred in Texas every 58 seconds, according to the Department of Transportation. A total of about 3,640 people died and 14,900 suffered serious injuries in motor vehicle traffic accidents in Texas in 2018.
If you were in a car accident in Mesquite, Texas, a driver or another negligent party may owe you financial compensation. While a compensatory award might not fix everything, it could give you and your family the financial support you need to move forward. Please call (214) 200-4878 today for a free consultation at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers have experience helping clients with car accident claims of all types throughout Texas. We understand the state’s related laws and how to build strong cases on behalf of our clients.
- Our lead attorney has the highest possible AVVO rating, membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the honor of Top 100 Trial Lawyers from National Trial Lawyers. He has more than 50 jury verdicts under his belt.
- Our car accident lawyers in Mesquite, Texas accept clients on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge any legal fees to negotiate or litigate crash claims unless we win. You never have to pay upfront to retain our services.
Do You Need a Lawyer?
Taking a stand against a negligent or reckless driver may take assistance from an attorney in Mesquite. Otherwise, you might fall for an insurance company’s tactics to try to get you to settle for less or accept no compensation at all. A lawyer can communicate with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf, ensuring you do not fall prey to insurance bad faith practices. Your lawyer can fight for fair compensation for your medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and emotional injuries while you focus on recuperating.
Is Someone Liable for Your Damages?
Despite the serious or catastrophic nature of your car accident, you may not have grounds to file a personal injury claim unless another person or entity caused the collision. Texas’ civil laws only allow victims to demand compensation from at-fault parties. You or your attorney will need to determine the at-fault party before you can bring an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Vehicle driver. The other driver might owe you compensation if he or she caused your accident through speeding, driving while intoxicated, driving recklessly, driving distracted or another act of negligence.
- Vehicle manufacturer. The factory that made your car or its parts may be liable for your injuries if a defective auto part caused or contributed to them. A malfunctioning airbag, for example, could give you grounds for a product liability claim against the company.
- The government. The city or state that owns the roadway where your crash occurred has a responsibility to oversee proper road maintenance. Failure to do so, resulting in a dangerous condition such as a pothole, could lead to the government’s liability for a crash.
Find out who may be legally responsible for your auto accident with help from the lawyers at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. We can travel to the scene of your accident, take photographs, work with reconstructionists, gather evidence and take other steps to identify the at-fault party. Then, we can bring your car accident claim in Dallas County before the state’s two-year deadline.
Request a Free Consultation in Mesquite Today
You do not have to take a stand against negligence alone as the injured survivor of a serious car accident in Mesquite. Attorney Aaron A. Herbert and his associates represent clients after auto, commercial truck, rideshare, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian and other vehicle accidents. Ask how we can help you today during a free consultation. The law may entitle you to compensation. Call us at (214) 200-4878 to request a meeting in Dallas County.