Vehicles that have high centers of gravity like some pickup trucks, SUVs, and vans are more susceptible to rollover accidents. Often, there is an additional contributing factor in vehicle rollover accidents, like a faulty part or defective design. Drivers maneuvering in traffic may have no idea that there is a problem with the vehicle until after the crash. Rollover accidents can happen in mere seconds and have an extremely high fatality rate.
Though there have been many advancements in vehicle design to prevent the likelihood of an accident, rollover accidents still account for a large portion of total accidents per year. Rollovers can be devastating in both single car and multi-vehicle accidents. You often hear of people being ejected from a vehicle after a rollover accident and the heartbreaking stories of those who die on impact
When weather or dangerous driving behaviors are not to blame, the accidents can typically be traced back to an act of negligence on the part of another driver or a car, parts, or service manufacturer. Determining who is liable for the accident and taking legal action against them can make a significant difference in the lives of rollover accident victims.
Finding Justice After a Rollover Accident
Victims of rollover accidents may suffer from severe and debilitating physical and mental health problems. Initial recovery periods are often followed by years of chronic pain management, rehabilitation services, and financial hardship. Without additional assistance, families may struggle with the loss of life or loss of quality of life.
An experienced personal injury attorney can make living with the aftermath of an accident easier for the victim and the victim’s family. At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, our Dallas personal injury lawyers
handle accident cases throughout Texas. When you contact our law firm after a rollover case, we’ll take the time to get to know you and your situation so that we can help you in whatever way we can.
You and your loved ones should be focused on recovery and healing. That’s why we offer complete legal services including helping you find qualified medical care, negotiating with insurance providers, and addressing legal concerns, settlement, and trial considerations.
Aaron Herbert, our founding attorney who is board-certified in personal injury trial law, has over a decade of experience in personal injury law. He has a track record of thousands of successfully resolved cases. Herbert is known as an aggressive advocate for his clients in the field, and he believes in always doing right by his clients.
Why Hire an Attorney?
A vehicle rollover accident can be permanently damaging for the victims involved. Fighting for fair financial compensation for what may be years of hardship often requires assistance from a car accident attorney. When you hire a lawyer, you gain access to important resources and knowledge that could boost your odds of securing a financial award. A rollover accident lawyer can make sure insurance claims adjusters do not get away with bad faith practices during your case
- Requesting too much information from the claimant
- Failing to investigate within a reasonable amount of time
- Delaying its claim decision without reason
- Offering an unreasonably low settlement award
- Denying a claim without a valid explanation
- Refusing to negotiate fairly with the claimant
- Threatening or intimidating the claimant
- Delaying payout after accepting the victim’s claim
When you hire an attorney, you can cut through bad faith dealings and go straight to fair negotiations with the insurance company presiding over your car accident claim. An insurance company will not be able to take advantage of you when a lawyer is protecting your rights and advocating for what is best for you as a claimant. While you handle medical treatments and focus on the future, your lawyer from the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert can fight for the best possible results for your rollover case.
How Can I Prove Fault or Negligence?
A critical reason to hire an attorney is for assistance proving the at-fault party’s negligence after a rollover crash. In all states, the burden of proof in a personal injury claim rests with the victim’s side of the case, not the defendant’s side. It will be you or your lawyer’s responsibility, therefore, to prove the defendant responsible for causing your rollover crash. If you cannot prove negligence, the judge or jury will not rule in your favor and you will not receive compensation for your damages.
When trying to prove fault or negligence, your lawyer will have four main elements to demonstrate: duty, breach, causation and damages. Your lawyer can help you establish the defendant named in your case breached – or failed to fulfill – a duty of care owed to you, and that this is what caused your injuries or financial losses. Your lawyer will also need to provide proof of your economic and noneconomic losses in the form of receipts, accident reports, medical records, eyewitness accounts and expert testimony.
What Compensation Could I Receive?
A successful rollover accident lawsuit could reimburse you for all the losses and grievances you suffered as a crash survivor. Both economic and noneconomic damage reimbursement may be available to you after a serious auto accident. The compensation you are eligible to receive will depend on the extent of your losses, types of damages and severity of injuries. Your lawyer can help you fight for all the compensation categories that apply to your unique rollover case in Dallas.
- Out-of-pocket costs. All economic losses related to your car accident, including medical expenses, vehicle repairs, totaled vehicle replacement, travel costs, rehabilitation therapies, doctor’s appointments, treatments, medications and legal fees.
- Noneconomic tolls. The intangible but real losses you suffered, such as physical pain, chronic pain, disabilities, immobility, mental anguish, trauma, emotional distress, psychological suffering and loss of quality of life.
- Exemplary damages. A judge in Dallas may award exemplary damages if the party that caused your rollover accident is guilty of malicious intent to harm or gross negligence. Exemplary damages are punitive against the defendant.
Building a better financial future is one of the main reasons clients come to us for assistance after devastating auto accidents. We have the power to help clients fight for fair and reasonable compensation awards, providing greater financial stability even in the face of expensive medical care and permanent disabilities. Contact us
to discuss what your rollover case could be worth.
Avoiding a Rollover Accident
Some rollover accidents may be out of your hands, but drivers of vehicles that are more susceptible to rollovers can decrease their likelihood by practicing caution.
- Get to know your vehicle – Understand how your car handles around curves, turning, and maneuvering in traffic. Do some research on the safety rating of new vehicles, and choose makes and models with better ratings.
- Wear your seatbelt – Encourage everyone in the vehicle to wear a seatbelt. In the event of a rollover accident, a seatbelt may be your only protection against severe injury, ejection, or death.
- Practice good judgment – Unstable vehicles should not ride with a roof cargo load. Drive more carefully in bad weather, and avoid driving while distracted, under the influence, or sleepy.
Let the team at the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert help you resolve your rollover accident in Dallas and the surrounding areas. We have the specialized skills needed to hold the negligent parties accountable and obtain fair compensation to help you get back to your life. Contact us today for a free case evaluation for personal injury, product liability, and wrongful death rollover accidents.